Welcome to “OnlineArt.Gallery”, an online Art Gallery with a personal touch! We strive to make it easy and accessible for everyone to buy quality, carefully chosen, original artworks of contemporary South African Artists, delivered to your doorstep.
We would like to extend an invitation to you to have you very own, personalised art shop online!
We are a selective art community and there is no charge to have a portfolio and online shop on our website, we work on commission only. We would like for you to use this website as your personal website, just without all the monthly overhead costs, admin , maintenance and shipping. You use your supplied personal link to promote your art on social media, whatsapp and email, and we do the rest!
We offer the following services:
– We give you a personal shop link, created for you on OnlineArt.Gallery, where you can sell your art from
– We take the smallest commission in SA! (25%), no hidden costs, so the artist makes more money
– We make it easy for you to have clients buy your work safely and conveniently, with a 7 day return policy, and shipping it to them. We offer a personalised service, making this a stress and risk free process for everyone involved.
– We have monthly virtual exhibitions, and pop up exhibitions a few times a year, where we show selected work of artists we represent. We also market the work on social media.
How does it work:
Application and Approval Process:
– All work must be your original work and not copied.
– You must be aged 18 years or older and a resident in South Africa
– We are looking for high quality work in any medium.
– We will need a minimum of 8 works to represent an artist
– We are looking for professional quality work by trained artists living in South Africa, however we do accept some self trained applicants.
We review applications on a weekly basis (we will look at quality, relevance as well as our target market) and as soon as we have a decision, you will be contacted by a member of the team within 7 days.
Approval and Sales:
– Once you have been contacted by us after approval, you need to submit the chosen artworks to our office where it will be held until we sell it. We have great respect for artworks and will make sure it is stored safely, but still, neither us, the curator or the venue can be held responsible for loss or damage to work – insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist. We do however insure the artwork while in custody of the courier service.
We reserve the right to terminate your representation at any time, should we feel the need.
-We will take 25% commission off the selling price you give us, so keep that in mind.
– Our commission covers administration, Payfast fees, website hosting, maintenance and development, our advertising campaigns and promotional activities. This is an essential part of promoting you.
– Other than commission, there are no hidden costs you will be liable for.
– You need to submit you work framed OR mounted with board / backing board to make it sturdy. If it is delicate and need special packaging, you should submit it packaged the way you prefer it. We will then carefully wrap and pack it for the couriers to collect, to ensure that it arrives in perfect condition at the client.
– You give us permission to use your artwork in promotional material and pop up exhibitions
– This is an artist community, and in order for this community to grow, we need you to assist us by sharing your personalised link on our site to your own social media platforms, share and comment / share our posts we put on social media, and assist us with a mailing list if you have existing clients
– You have to subscribe to our Newsletter
– Encourage your friends and clients to subscribe to our Newsletter
– OnlineArt.Gallery has the exclusive right to market the artwork you submitted to us for the website. This prevents the risk of selling the same piece of art to two different parties. However, we do not represent you exclusively, and we encourage you to pursue any representation for your other artworks. This increases the exposure of your work .
– Once your art is sold, you will receive an email notifying you of the sale. We will arrange for a courier to collect the sold artwork from us and deliver it.
– We offer a 7 day return policy, which means that as soon as the 7 days are over, the money will be paid over to you, into the bank account you supplied us with.
Please see Application Form below.