Please note that the Competition for 2020 is closed.
Thanks for your application for “OnlineArt.Gallery Art Competition 2020”.
We are so excited to announce our very first Art Competition!
OnlineArt.Gallery will be ONE year old in August, and to celebrate this, we are hosting an Art Exhibition that will inspire people to make, buy and fall in love with art.
We have been so blessed with your support over this short period of time, and wish to celebrate it by discovering and introducing new talent.
OnlineArt.Gallery is an online Art Gallery with a personal touch! We strive to make it easy and accessible for everyone to buy quality, carefully chosen, original artworks of contemporary South African Artists, delivered to your doorstep.
- You have to be 18 years or older to enter, be a South African Citizen, and fit our demographic of being a new or emerging South African artists.
- The work you submit must be your own, original work, done in the past year. Our aim is to discover artists whose work shows significant potential, has original and interesting ideas, a relevant message and who demonstrates skilful execution.
- In the spirit of our new adventure, the theme will be “New Beginnings”- especially relevant after COVID19
- First prize is a whopping R5000!
- Entries open 1 March 2020, and will close midnight 15 May 2020.
- The first round of judging will happen digitally, and only the top 20 will be required to submit their work for final judging.
- Winner will be announced 1 August 2020.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can submit any size from a miniature to 2m x 2m.
- Drawing, painting, printmaking, mixed media, sculpture and digital art are all welcome.
- Up to 3 works per artist can be submitted
- If your work is under the top 10 you AGREE to have us feature and sell your portfolio on our OnlineArt.Gallery website with our standard conditions, for 12 months. (See OAG Terms)
- All artworks remain your property for the duration of the competition and exhibition until such time as the work has been returned to you, or sold.
- Once you have been selected, you need to submit the chosen artworks to our office where it will be held until we sell it, or return it to you. (12 months max).
- We have great respect for artworks and will make sure it is stored safely, but still, neither us, the curator or the venue can be held responsible for loss or damage to work – insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist. We do however insure sold artwork when it is couriered to the buyer.
- We reserve the right to terminate your representation at any time.
- We represent you online (non exclusively, you can still sell other works elsewhere)
- We take a small commission (25%), no hidden costs. Make sure your selling price includes our 25%.
- We reserve the right to use images of submitted artworks in promotional material as well as using the artwork itself in pop-up exhibitions
- Once your art is sold, you will receive an email notifying you of the sale. We are responsible for couriering the work to the buyer.
- We offer a 7 day return policy, as a result we only transfer the funds to you once this period is over. You are responsible for ensuring that all bank details are correct and up to date.