We are so excited to announce our very first Art Competition! OnlineArt.Gallery will be ONE year old in August, and to celebrate this, we are hosting an Art Exhibition that will inspire people to make, buy and fall in love with Art. We have been so blessed with your support over this short period of time, and wish to celebrate it by discovering and introducing new talent.
This competition is open to any artist who has not yet had a solo and is not represented by a gallery. You must be 18 years or older to enter, be a South African Citizen, and fit our demographic of being a new or emerging South African artists, looking to take their art more seriously. The work you submit must be your own, original work, done within the past year. Our aim is to discover artists whose work shows significant potential, has original and interesting ideas, a relevant message and demonstrates skilful execution.
- In the spirit of our new adventure, the theme will be “New Beginnings”.
- First prize is R5000
- A R200 admin fee per artwork entry is payable with submission of work.
- Entries open 1 March 2020 and will close midnight 15 May 2020.
- The first round of judging will happen digitally, and only the top 20 will be required to submit their work for final judging.
- Winner will be announced 1 August 2020.
- The judges decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can submit any size from a miniature to 2m x 2m.
- Drawing, painting, printmaking, mixed media, sculpture and digital art are all welcome.
- Up to 3 works per artist can be submitted.
- If your work is under the top 20 you must be willing to have us feature and sell it on our OnlineArt.Gallery website with our standard conditions.
- We will have a judging panel of professional artists and curators, who will be announced at a later stage.
- This whole process will be done via a link on our website.
- We will post updates and news on our website and social media, so keep an eye open for that.
We are looking forward to seeing your artwork! Best of luck.